The Hamilton County Public Health Nursing Service Emergency Preparedness Program (EPP) works with other public health programs to develop strategies to anticipate, detect, assess and understand the health risks and impacts of an emergency.
The EPP develops plans to prepare Hamilton County to respond to, mitigate and recover from all public health threats and emergencies.
Sources of public health emergencies include, but are not limited to:
- Communicable disease outbreaks
- Chemical accidents or attacks
- Natural disasters
The EPP works closely with the Hamilton County Emergency Services Department, the NYS Department of Health, and health departments and hospitals in neighboring counties to maximize response efforts.
The EPP serves as a resource for health providers, schools, businesses and the general public in matters of emergency preparedness.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP THE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PROCESS IN HAMILTON COUNTY
- Prepare your family in advance
- Create and test a family emergency plan
- Prepare emergency supplies for your family
- Pets are family members – prepare them for emergencies too
- Become a volunteer
- Check with your town to see where help is needed
- Sign up at ServeNY to volunteer with the Hamilton County and/or state health department
- Call Hamilton County Public Health directly at 518-548-6497 to volunteer
Emergency Preparedness Quiz
Click here to take a brief quiz to see how prepared you are for emergencies!
How did you do?! Answers
It CAN Happen Here!
Incidents identified as potential (and/or historical) hazards in Hamilton County:
Click on each hazard listed to find out how to prepare
- Severe Storms
- Winters Storms & Extreme Cold
- Prolonged Power Outages
- Pandemic Influenza
- Technogolical & Accidental Hazzards
Other Preparedness Resources
|Personal Medical Information : Keep It With You||Generator Safety|
|Children and Disasters||Shelter In Place|
|Keeping Food Safe During an Emergency|
|CDC Preparedness||NYS DOH Preparedness|
|NYS Office of Emergency Management||Safeguard NY|